Saturday 28 December 2013

NOTD | Simple Christmasy Nails

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Watermelon
Models Own Velvet Goth in Absinthe

A bit late but better than never! This is the look I went for my nails on Christmas Day. I acquired both of these polishes just before Christmas and I thought they'd look perfect together. I've been a huge fan of Barry M's Gelly polishes ever since I tried my first one and 'Watermelon' was no exception. I was luckily given it as part of my Secret Santa present from my flatmate and I fell in love with the colour instantly. And then when I came across this Models Own polish in Boots I thought it would be great for a Christmas manicure.

I've not tried any of their Velvet Goth polishes before. They have a matte finish to them which I'm not particularly fond of (as you might be able to see in the second picture) but its nothing a coat of Seche Vite won't fix! It looks so sparkly, I'd definitely like to pick up a few more when my bank balance has recovered from Christmas!

Have you tried either of these polishes before?

2 comments: